Saturday, January 24, 2009

Upgrades

Well I am not done with my EV yet, but I have been searching for a larger motor and faster charger. And this week I hit the jackpot! I found someone who was selling a stripped out Chevy S-10 conversion and I got the following:

Advanced DC FB1-4001A Motor
4/0 Gauge Cabling with lugs already installed
Curtis 900R 120 Volt Fuel Gauge
Curtis DC-DC Converter 120 volt input 300 Watts
K&W BC-20 Battery Charger with LB-20 Line booster
Albright Contactors, 200 AMPs and 100 AMPs
Chevy S-10 Transmission with Motor Coupling and Adapter plate
Volt/AMP meters and Shunts



The FB1-4001A is much more powerful than my K99-4007. It also weighs 150 LBs vs 54 LBs, so it's a beast. This motor is normally used in large trucks and should give excellent performance in my Civic and hills should be no problem. I bought this as a lot and only plan on using the motor, charger and cabling. I am going through my options, but I plan on selling the Chevy S-10 motor adapter and coupling, the DC-DC and fuel gauge because the won't work in my 96 volt system.

1 comment:

Unknown said...


You have shared nice content, thanks for posting....

Get the best Fastest solar charger with Evolution wear.

EvolutionWear’s RapidSol claims to be up to 90 per cent faster than rivals

Source: bit.ly/FastestSolar
Evolution Wear