Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bump in the Road...

Well, I just found out that I can't charge at my destination, so those 8 volt batteries are looking mighty welcoming right now. I was hoping to use 12 volt deep cycle and getting in a 3 hour charge, but now it looks like I have to figure out another way. The 8 Volts should take me 35 to 40 miles per charge in my hilly area at reasonable speeds (35 to 40) to about 80% DoD.

I have spent the past hour or so playing with the EV Calculator and imputing data from similar EVs and comparing them to mine and like what I see. I have been looking at 72 volt EVs for comparasion, punching in their data, then use that same data for mine, input my EV specs and voltage and getting 35 to 40 miles per charge.

I am also thinking about hooking up some small solar panels for some day time trickle charging, mainly to keeps the volts up for acceleration since they won't be powerful enough to actually do much charging.

No comments: