Monday, January 28, 2008

More Controller Goodies

I now have most of the controller working on the proto board, but the new design has a duty range from 8% to 95% which is good enough for me. My problem I have right now is designing the proper current limiting circuit so I don't over load the motor. I also have some problems actually putting this circuit on real hardware as my solder is ancient and does not really work on the boards I am using. So I need to acquire new solder with rosin core and then I can put together a pleasant looking prototype and do some testing on the motor. I will have a before and after photos of the controller, before being the prot0 board version and after being the nicer looking version.

The semester at school has started up again, which means mother loads of work, but I think I will be able to use my resources to build other aspects of this controller, and maybe even the machine shop to build my adaptor plates, motor coupling and battery boxes.

No comments: